Translate

02 February 2015

My Time has Come

Diagnosed thirteen years ago
at first I thought I had it beat
all that time the virus did grow
it left me admitting defeat
admit defeat it can't be beat
years ago the virus did grow

Days are numbered times running out
as I lay waiting in my bed
sure to go quick I have no doubt
I have it worked out in my head
I laid down my head in my bed
times running out I have no doubt

That was then and this is now
I don't have what it takes to fight
I have the answer to the how
but the when and where wasn't right
it wasn't right to leave the fight
but for right now don't ask me how

I know tonight when I lay down
the next morning I'll wake up dead
fall asleep to tears of a clown
it was all planned out in my head
in my head I knew I'd be dead
laying down to tears of a clown

Copyright © 2015 by Patrick B Vince

Inverted Refrain Poem

No comments:

Post a Comment